The Political Strategies of US Empire
From: The Fall of the US Empire – And Then What by Johan Galtung
Undo other empires or imperial efforts; walk into their shoes.
- The Spanish Empire 1898-1902, walking into their shoes.
- The Ottoman Empire after WW1, by UK-France 1916-25, later USA.
- The German Empire after WW1, by USA in the Pacific.
- The Hapsburg Empire after WW1, Germany, Russia, and then USA.
- The Nazi Empire after WW2, by the USA moving in, shaping Germany.
- The Japanese Empire after WW2, by the USA moving in, shaping Japan.
- The Italian Empire after WW2, they turned in time.
- The Western colonial empires 1945-1975, the USA supporting decolonization, and then political control.
- The Soviet Empire after the Cold War, the USA walking in.
Support independence-autonomy movements in big countries.
- China - support Taiwan, Tibet, Hong Kong, Ulgurs, and Mongols.
- Russia – support all twenty non-Russian nations.
- Russia – US tri-partition plan: European, Siberia, Far East Russia.
- India – support Kashmir?, support Tamil Nadu?
- Indonesia – Aceh, Malakas, Irian Jaya.
- Nigeria – support Biafra etc.
Support independence-revolutions in potential trouble spots.
- Yugoslavia defeated in Krajina, B-i-H, Kosova, with bases, 1998-9.
- Afghanistan defeated, the USA moving in, with bases, 2001.
- Iraq defeated, the USA moving in, with bases, 2003, favoring Kurds.
- Iran – support for Khuzestan? Azerbaijan?
- Israel – support for Israel (almost) come what may.
Oppose any regionalization independent of the USA.
- EC-EU: support against Soviet Union, NATO membership for control.
- CIS: extend NATP into old Soviet Union, “color revolutions”.
- Latin America and the Caribbean: oppose, control, and use TIAP and OEA (Orginizacion de los Estados Americanos).
- African Union: control via NAPAD and Africom.
- Islamic Community: control via big-rich members, Saudi, Egypt, Gulf Cooperation Council.
- East Asian Community: control via Japan and China.
Cripple the United Nations
- Controlling the Security Council through veto.
- Controlling UNGA against Uniting for Peace Resolutions.
- Controlling by spying on delegations and arms-twisting.
- Controlling the budget through 25% clause, non-payment, and the General Accounting Office (an arm of the US Congress).
- Controlling the UN civil servants through short term contracts.
- Showing who is in charge through material breach, illegality.
- And, getting away with it all, because of all of the above.